- Encountered stroke May 2011. Learned to walk and talk again.
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School: Research Governance Ethics Committee Lay Patient representative
- Co-presenter at ResearchAware St George’s (University of London) Academic Training ; Brighton and Sussex Medical School Clinical Trial Management teaching session and New York, Weill Cornell Medical College on Patient and Public Involvement
- British Heart Foundation – Patient Advisory Group member
- Honorary Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Fellow, Centre for Public Engagement (CPE) Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education, Kingston and St George’s Joint Faculty, University of London
Will advise us on many aspects of research as a patient with lived experiences of cardiac prevention and care