- Encountered stroke May 2011. Learned to walk and talk again.
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School: Research Governance Ethics Committee Lay Patient representative
- Co-presenter at ResearchAware St George’s (University of London) Academic Training ; Brighton and Sussex Medical School Clinical Trial Management teaching session and New York, Weill Cornell Medical College on Patient and Public Involvement
- British Heart Foundation – Patient Advisory Group member
- Honorary Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Fellow, Centre for Applied Health and Social Care Research, Kingston University, UK
Will advise us on many aspects of research as a patient with lived experiences of cardiac prevention and care